(I came across this is an old email from Kim McCavenay. It is a variation on a theme – “You know you are in Saskatchewan when…….. “)
- Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway.
- You get angry when the only traffic light in town makes you 30 seconds late for work.
- You measure distances in hours.
- “Vacation” means a trip to Calgary.
- You know lots of people have hit a deer more than once.
- You often switch from “heat” to “A/C” in the same day.
- You use a down comforter in the summer.
- Your grandparents drive at 65mph through 13 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching.
- You see people wearing hunting cloths at a social event.
- You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
- You think of major food groups as deer, fish and berries
- You carry jumper cables in your car and your girl friends knows how to use them.
- There are seven empty cars running in the parking lot of Canadian Tire at any given time.
- You design your kid’s Halloween costume to go over their snow suits.
- Driving is better in winter because the potholes are full of snow.
- You think lingerie is tube socks and flannel pajamas.
- You know all four seasons – winter, winter, still winter and construction season.
- It takes you three hours to go to the store for one item even when you are in a rush because you have to stop and talk to everyone in town.